Nonprofit Marketer of the Year Award
Nominations deadline extended to March 15, 2013
(click here to make a nomination)
2012 Nonprofit Marketer of the Year - AMA TV (click to watch)
2012 Nonprofit Markter of the Year Award - Press Release
Past Nonprofit Marketer of the Year Recipients
The American Marketing Association (AMA) and the American Marketing Association Foundation (AMAF), along with award media partner The Nonprofit Times, announce the call for nominations for the 2013 AMA/AMAF Nonprofit Marketer of the Year Award. The AMA/AMAF Nonprofit Marketer of the Year Award honors extraordinary leadership and achievement in the field of nonprofit marketing.
Nominees must be currently employed at a nonprofit organization with an active 501(c) category tax status and their current responsibilities must focus on the branding, marketing, and communications aspects of a nonprofit organization. All nominees will be considered regardless of organization size and budget, as some of the best nonprofit marketing is exhibited by those with the fewest resources. The recipient of the 2013 AMA/AMAF Nonprofit Marketer of the Year Award must be available to receive the award in person on at the 2013 AMA Nonprofit Marketing Conference (held July 15 - 17, 2013) at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, Arlington, VA.
A national “Call for Nominations” will be widely circulated in January. All nominees will receive notification of their nomination and will be required to complete and submit a candidate profile form for further consideration that provides additional information on the candidate’s experience in the following categories:
Vision and leadership, such as:
- How the candidate’s work has helped advance or transform the field of nonprofit marketing,
- How the candidate’s work has helped transform their organization,
- Thought leadership in the form of speaking and writing on nonprofit marketing,
- Recognition by others in the field.
Strategy, such as:
- Breakthroughs and advances in organizing and planning in the context of nonprofit organizations,
- Development of unique methodologies,
- Effective collaboration inside the organization, and with outside partners,
- Creative approaches to marketing problem solving and communications.
Results, such as:
- Employment of effective methods of measurement,
- Achievement of the organization’s goals, both immediate and over time.
The nomination deadline for the AMA/AMAF Nonprofit Marketer of the Year has been extended to March 15, 2013. Candidate profile forms are due by April 15, 2013.
Traditionally, a six judge panel consisting of members of the 2013 AMA Nonprofit Marketing Conference Committee, at least one AMAF Board member, at least one past award recipient, and a representative from The Nonprofit Times will evaluate the entries. The AMAF reserves the right to appoint judges outside of these categories as it sees fit in order to maintain a representative judging committee in terms of marketing expertise and function. All judges will be leaders and experts in the field of nonprofit marketing with careers as nonprofit marketing academics, consultants, and practitioners.
The recipient of the 2013 AMA/AMAF Nonprofit Marketer of the Year Award will receive:
- One year paid membership to the AMA;
- Complimentary registration to the 2013 AMA Nonprofit Marketing Conference (held July 15 - 17, 2013; Arlington, VA), and a travel grant of up to $1,000 (expenses covered by grant are airfare/train/or car mileage to conference, hotel, and taxi/car service to/from airport - original receipts must be provided for reimbursement);
- Recognition and award presentation at the 2013 AMA Nonprofit Marketing Conference;
- National, hometown, and business trade publicity.
Award Media Partner :